Awards, Programs, Funds & Scholarships
The awards, programs, funds and scholarships of the Association are designed to assist teachers with their personal, professional and informational needs. Below are links to the Association’s Awards and Professional Development programs. Also listed below are the previous Award Winners, Honorary Members and the most current Medal and Scholarship winners of the NLTA.
Contact the NLTA office or check the NLTA’s Policy Handbook for more information.
NAMES OF AWARD WINNERS, HONORARY MEMBERS & MEDAL & SCHOLARSHIP WINNERS
• Award Winners
• Honorary Members
• NLTA High School Student Scholarship Award Winners
• NLTA Medal and Scholarship Winners
ASSOCIATION AWARDS — Nomination Forms
• Allan Bishop Award — More Information and Nomination Form
• Bancroft Award — More Information and Nomination Form
• Barnes Award — More Information and Nomination Form
• President’s Award — This award is presented to one person whom the President feels is a strong supporter of the Association during the President’s term of office.
• Patricia Cowan Award for Support and Promotion of Education — This award recognizes individuals or groups for their support and promotion of education.
• NLTA Special Recognition Award — For submission, nominations must be approved at a general branch meeting.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS/AWARDS
• Centennial Fund Programs
aa – Study Award Form (fill out online) or (pdf version)
aa – Educational Research Program
aa – National/International Conference Presenter
• Professional Development Fund Application
• Teachers Talking To Teachers Program Application
• NLTA Scholarship Regulations and Application Form (awarded to dependents of active, retired, disabled or deceased teachers)
• NLTA Medal (awarded to MUN Faculty of Education student)
• NLTA Scholarship (awarded to MUN Faculty of Education student)