The NLTA has a commitment to the promotion of the professional excellence and personal well-being of teachers. Whether just entering the profession, in mid-career or near retirement, increased societal expectations of teachers, major restructuring of educational programs and reduction in educational funding are now combining to make teaching a more challenging and perhaps a more exciting endeavour than it has ever been. The Association is responding to the personal, professional and informational needs experienced at each career stage so that teachers can remain healthy in this profession. The Professional Development programs of the Association are designed to assist teachers in this endeavour while restoring individual and collective pride in the teaching force of Newfoundland and Labrador.
• Beginning/Early Career Teachers
• Conferences/Professional Development Opportunities
• CONTACT (Conference on New Techniques and Classroom Teaching)
• Developing Successful Schools Institute (DSS)
• Leadership at Work
• Project Overseas
• Special Interest Councils