Awards, Programs, Funds & Scholarships
The awards, programs, funds and scholarships of the Association are designed to assist teachers with their personal, professional and informational needs. Below are links to the Association’s Awards and Professional Development programs. For more information on these awards and programs check NLTA’s Policy Handbook.
- NLTA Medal and Scholarship Winners — Feb. 23, 2017
• Allan Bishop Award
• Bancroft Award
• Barnes Award
• President’s Award — This award is presented to one person whom the President feels is a strong supporter of the Association during the President’s term of office.
• Patricia Cowan Award for Support and Promotion of Education — This award recognizes individuals or groups for their support and promotion of education.
• NLTA Special Recognition Award — For submission, nominations must be approved at a general branch meeting.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMS/AWARDS
• Centennial Fund Programs
aa – Study Award (fill out online) or (pdf version)
aa – Educational Research Program
aa – International Conference Presenter
aa - International Programs
• Professional Development Fund
• Teachers Talking To Teachers Program Application
• Johnson Incorporated Bursaries Application DEADLINE: April 1 (awarded to teachers in full time attendance at university)
• NLTA Scholarship Application (awarded to dependents of active, retired, disabled or deceased teachers)
• NLTA Medal (awarded to MUN Faculty of Education student)
• NLTA Scholarship (awarded to MUN Faculty of Education student)
• Ella Manuel Award Scholarship DEADLINE: April 15
• Leonard Foundation Scholarship