A. Teacher Certification
1. The minimum standard for all initial certification in this province shall be Certificate IV.
2. Any student teacher who graduates from an approved teacher training program and meets the standards for initial certification in this province shall be granted a permanent teaching certificate.
3. The Department of Education should give ample warning to school boards, teachers, and students and faculty in the Faculty of Education, Memorial University of Newfoundland, of any change in certification regulations. [Jan/8-9/99] [1999 BGM] [Nov/27/08] [JC Feb/09] [2009 BGM]
4. The Newfoundland and Labrador Teachers’ Association shall have representation on the Provincial Teacher Certification Committee so that the largest single group on that committee would be representative of the teaching profession.
5. The Newfoundland and Labrador Teachers’ Association will provide information and advice to individuals considering entering the teaching profession. (Such efforts should be made in cooperation with the Faculty of Education, School Boards Association, and the Department of Education.) [Oct/23&25/14] [2015 BGM]