NLTA Teacher Voice Facebook Group
- There will be no cursing in this group – ever. Profane, defamatory, offensive or violent language will not be tolerated.
- Please be professional and adhere to the NLTA Code of Ethics. In particular, you should not criticize your colleagues or post information that does or could identify anyone. As well, respect and protect the confidentiality of student/family personal information.
- Do not advertise your or other people’s businesses on this group.
- All opinions will be treated with mutual respect, unless they violate the aforementioned rules. Treat your fellow Facebook group members with that same respect and please look out for each other.
- Trolling, or posting deliberately disruptive statements meant to hijack comment threads or throw discussions off-track will not be tolerated. Members who engage in such activity will be blocked from the group.
- If a member personally attacks another member with words that are harmful, threatening or disrespectful, that member will receive a warning and may in future be blocked from the group.
- Please consider the purpose of this Facebook group when posting. Irrelevant content does not belong here.
- Do not post graphic or disturbing photos, videos and other media in this group. If you are not sure about the content that you want to post please email/contact the group administrator.
- If someone mentions you by name please respond directly to that person on the same post (if you wish to respond). If the comment is inappropriate please report it to the group administrator.
- Think before you post! This is Facebook, one of the biggest sites on the internet – what goes up can never really come down.
- Respect the privacy of others!
- NLTA Teacher Voice is not for posting political commentary or campaigning.
- Be aware that posting more than 5 discussions on the same day needs to be justified to the group administrator, or it will be considered spam.
- If you are going to comment, you should always try and add valuable discussion to the conversation. Be friendly, be fair and use common sense.
- We want to encourage all NLTA members to be part of the Group. Should a non-member be identified they will be blocked from the Group.
- For any specific or individual inquiries please refer to the NLTA website address and contact information on the About page. This is just a Facebook group and therefore not the venue for seeking assistance with individual matters.
- When you share attachments in this Facebook group please make sure that your settings are on ‘public’ or other members will not be able to see your attachment.
- The NLTA will endeavour to respond to questions and correct any misunderstandings in as timely manner as possible. However, the first priority for NLTA staff is to address questions and concerns that come forward through individual teacher contacts (phone calls and emails).
THIS GROUP WILL NOT TOLERATE:
- Attacks on specific groups or any comments that harass, threaten or abuse an individual.
- Hateful or discriminatory comments regarding race, ethnicity, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation or political beliefs.
- Links or comments containing sexually explicit content material.
- Discussion of illegal activity or false representation.
- Spam, link baiting or files containing viruses that could damage the operation of other people’s computers or mobile devices.
- Acknowledgement of intent to stalk an individual or collect private information without disclosure.
- Violations of copyright or intellectual property rights.
- Content determined to be inappropriate, in poor taste, or otherwise contrary to the purposes of the forum.
- Personal promotion.
- Conduct contrary to the NLTA Code of Ethics – http://files.nlta.nl.ca/wp-content/uploads/public/documents/memos_posters/code_of_ethics.pdf.