J. Summer/Night School and Supplementary Exam Compensation
1. Night/Summer School Instruction
- Teachers shall be compensated on the basis of $30 per hour of instruction time.
- Examination setters shall be selected from the teachers of night/summer school and shall receive $100 per examination set.
- Examination markers shall be selected from the teachers of night/summer school and shall receive $10 per examination marked.
b) School Director/Principal
An additional allowance equal to 25 percent of the hourly rate of pay shall be paid to the director/principal of night/summer school. It is expected the director/principal will receive additional hours of employment for administrative duties, i.e. school registration, final report, and other such duties determined by the employer.
- Teacher and director/principal positions for night school shall be advertised, clearly indicating the time required and the commensurate salary. Qualified, active teachers shall be given priority in hiring.
- An individual contract will be signed by the school board and the teacher outlining the method of payment and employee deductions. Teachers shall be paid before, or no later than, 15 days following completion of the service performed.
- Adequate clerical support must be provided or made available by the employer.
2. Supplementary Examinations
a) Examination setters and markers shall receive comparable compensation to night/summer school examination setters and markers, specifically, $100 per examination set and $10 per examination marked.
b) Teachers re-reading supplementary examinations shall receive $10 per exam. [Jan/10- 11/97] [1997 AGM]