LOSS OR DAMAGE TO TEACHERS’ PERSONAL PROPERTY OR EQUIPMENT
- Subject to Clauses 34.01(b) and 34.01(c), where a teacher in the performance of his/her duty suffers any personal loss, and where such loss was not due to the teacher’s negligence, the School Board may compensate the teacher for any loss suffered, subject to a maximum of three hundred and twenty-five dollars ($325).
- All incidents of loss suffered by a teacher shall be reported in writing by the teacher within five (5) working days of the discovery of the incident to the Director or his/her designate.
- This provision shall only apply in respect of personal effects which the teacher would reasonably have in his/her possession during the normal performance of his/her duty.
- Where a teacher is authorized in writing by the School Board to use his/her own tools, equipment, or other materials in the performance of teaching duties, the School Board shall compensate that teacher for any loss or damage to these tools, equipment or materials provided that loss or damage did not result from the teacher’s negligence.
- All incidents of loss suffered by a teacher shall be reported in writing by the teacher to the Director or his/her designate within five (5) working days of the discovery of the incident.