The Newfoundland and Labrador English School District is advising all teachers that as a result of in-class instruction being suspended indefinitely, you are permitted to work from any location within the province. This means that if you are living in areas for work purposes, you are not required to remain in your school communities as long as you are able to work from an alternate location. Please note, as the COVID-19 situation continues to unfold in our province and country, teachers may be required to return to their area of work with short notice. If you are making such arrangements, please ensure you tell your administrator and advise how you can be contacted.
• NLESD Memo re High School Teachers Returning to Work at School Sites (March 29, 2021)
• NLESD Letter re Extracurricular Activities (March 26, 2021)
• NLESD Memo: Eye Protection (March 26, 2021)
• NLESD Memo re: All District K-12 Schools Switch to Online Instruction (February 14, 2021)
• NLESD Memo to School Staff – June 1 Opening (May 25, 2020)
• NTV News “Issues and Answers” Interview with Tony Stack (April 26, 2020)
• NLESD News Release – District Releases Learning At Home (March 23, 2020)
This public statement has been distributed by NLESD informing parents of District created learning resources. This is in keeping with the District messaging on March 19. In conversations with NLESD, the expectation continues to be that teachers make contact with their students on a weekly basis and to provide assistance when possible. At present, there is no requirement for K-9 teachers to assess student material or create learning packages. The NLTA has continued to advocate for the greatest flexibility for teachers and the opportunity for them to exercise their professional judgement.
• NLESD Memo to Teachers/Administrators re Teacher Contact With Students (March 19, 2020)