Centennial Study Award
The study awards are awarded to teachers on an annual basis to support the continuing professional development of certified teachers in the province. At least two awards, valued at $2,500 each, will be presented each year, provided suitable applications are received and sufficient funds are available.
To be eligible, an individual must be an active member of the NLTA as described by Section I.A.1 of NLTA policy.
Applicants must be in full-time attendance at a recognized university or considerations for selection will include:
- involvement in the Association at school, branch, regional and /or provincial levels;
- two letters of recommendation outlining your service to the profession from any of the following: administrators, colleagues, branch presidents, special interest council presidents;
- interest in and/or participation in professional development activities;
- indication of how the proposed study supports future teaching plans; and
- possible benefits which could accrue to the school/educational community.
Applications which are in keeping with current trends in education, which respond to an identified area of personal growth by the teacher, and those that express provincial and school board needs, will be given priority.
Successful applicants must return to teaching in this province as full members of the Newfoundland and Labrador Teachers’ Association upon completion of their studies. Failure to do so will result in a requirement to repay the award amount.
Successful applicants should be willing, upon completion of study, to share their increased knowledge with other teachers as requested.
Recipients are chosen by the Professional Issues Committee.
Applications must be submitted to the NLTA on or before March 31. The award is to be used for study in the Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter semesters following the deadline.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Professional References: Please fax to: 1-877-711-6582, mail to: Programs & Services, 3 Kenmount Rd., St. John’s, NL, A1B 1W1, or email: email@example.com, two letters of recommendation from any of the following:
- Branch Presidents
- Special Interest Council Presidents