Bancroft Award Nomination Form
Deadline for Nominations is January 31
The Bancroft Award has been established to recognize outstanding service at the branch level. A maximum of three awards may be presented each year and awards are open to any active member of the Association. Each recipient shall receive a ring and a plaque. The President of the Association shall announce the winner(s) at least two weeks prior to Convention and, in a non-Convention year, at a convenient time following the Executive meeting at which the award recipient is approved. During a non-Convention year, award recipients will be presented with their awards at an occasion to be determined by the Provincial President. Award winners from both the non-Convention and Convention years will be invited to the Biennial General Meeting where their awards will be recognized and presented.
Nominations must come from branches.
Criteria to be submitted with nominations shall include:
- offices held at branch level (please give dates);
- other branch positions/appointments (please give dates);
- projects initiated or led by nominee (please give dates);
- other information considered pertinent to branch service.
- The names and addresses of two individuals who would be able to provide references concerning the nomination. These could be the names of current or former officers of the branch or a branch member who is familiar with the nominee’s achievements.
The Selection Committee will be the Membership Benefits and Services Committee. The functions of the Selection Committee are:
- To examine the information presented on each nominee and to make recommendations to Provincial Executive based on a clear majority vote of the committee.
- In addition to a study of the materials submitted by the branch, the committee may conduct interviews with nominees and/or the branch executive.
If you have any inquiries or questions contact: Executive Assistant, Governance. Phone: 726-3223 or 1-800-563-3599, ext 222 or email: Gov@nlta.ca