ARTICLE 25: TRAVEL ALLOWANCES
- Subject to Clauses 25.01(b)(i) and 25.04(a) and (b), where in the course of duty, a teacher is required to travel on business for the School Board, the teacher shall be reimbursed for meals, lodging, and travel at the prevailing rate for Government employees.
- (i) Subject to Clause 25.01(b)(ii), teachers who are required to travel to attend in-service training (i.e., where training is provided outside the community where the teacher’s school is located) shall be paid reasonable out-of-pocket expenses as deemed appropriate by the School Board.
(ii) Teachers who are authorized to use their own vehicle to attend in-service training shall be reimbursed at the prevailing mileage rates for Government employees.
25.02 Teachers who are authorized to use their own vehicle while travelling on business for the School Board shall be reimbursed at the prevailing mileage rates for Government employees.
25.03 Charges for ferry tolls shall be allowed.
- Teachers who are required to teach in more than one school shall be eligible for the mileage allowance for all miles travelled, as required in the performance of their work, that are in excess of normal travel to and from their residence to their base school.
- Where a teacher teaches in more than one school, the school where that teacher teaches the greater number of hours shall be considered the base school.
- Teachers who are required to drive 2400 kilometres or more per year on business on behalf of the Employer and who are required, as a condition of employment, to have an automobile, shall be reimbursed in accordance with government’s reimbursement rates for using a private vehicle at work.
- On receipt of invoice, the teacher will be reimbursed for the difference between private and business insurance.
25.06 When an expense claim is made in accordance with this Article, reimbursement shall be paid to the teacher within four (4) weeks of the week in which the teacher’s claim and all supporting documentation was submitted, provided the claim contained all necessary and accurate information required to approve the claim.