Grant for Out of Province Professional Development
GUIDELINES and PROCEDURES
The Professional Development Fund will allow for the funding of individuals for professional development which is not funded through any of the existing NLTA professional development programs.
Funds are not available from this source to help individuals attend in-province conferences, as these types of initiatives may be supported through existing Special Interest Councils and Branch structures and should be supported by the Board. However, travel between Labrador and the island of Newfoundland will be eligible for funding from this source.
PLEASE NOTE: Effective as of June 12, 2020 and continuing until June 20, 2023, funding under the Professional Development Fund may be granted to successful applicants wishing to participate in online-virtual PL conferences or sessions that originate, or are based out of, the province.
- All projects must focus on the professional development of educators.
- All applicants must give documented evidence that additional sources of funding have been investigated and provide details of funding received.
- To be eligible, an individual must be an active member of the NLTA, as described by Section I.A.1 of NLTA Policy.
- An individual must not have personally received any financial assistance from this Professional Development Fund within the previous five school years.
Applications will be reviewed by NLTA staff.
In considering candidates and applications, the selection committee shall give consideration to the following criteria:
- potential benefits of the professional development to professional growth and development;
- past contribution of the applicant to the profession, including to the work of the NLTA; and
- funding received from other sources.
For individuals requesting funding to attend out-of-province conferences, the following guidelines apply:
- only travel and registration will be covered, to a maximum of $500.00 provided sufficient funds are available;
- the fund does not cover meals and accommodations; and
- funds will only be awarded when proof of attendance and necessary receipts are received.
Applications must be completed on this form. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Grants shall be awarded ten times a year, assuming there are suitable applications and funds available. The deadlines for receipt of applications are the third Thursday of September, October, November, December, January, February, March, April, May and June.
Funds must be approved in advance. The program does not offer retroactivity.
After submitting your form a confirmation will open in your browser window. Please contact Programs & Services at 1-800-563-3599 if you do not see the confirmation page.