To be eligible, an individual must be an active member of the NLTA as described by section 1:A.1 of the NLTA policy.
Regulations Governing the Awarding of Johnson Incorporated Bursaries
- A sum of $2,000.00 will be made available to the NLTA to be awarded annually to teachers in full-time attendance at university. The value of the awards will depend on the number of awards granted annually by the Professional Issues Committee (e.g. two @ $1,000.00, four @ $500.00).
- Where there are competing applicants, on an annual basis, any member may be granted only one award for those programs which are designated for teachers undertaking full-time study.
- The bursaries shall be open to both graduate and undergraduate students.
- The bursary will be paid upon receipt of the student’s transcript indicating successful completion of courses.
- Applications for bursaries must be completed online.
- Applications must be received at the NLTA Office by April 1.
- Bursaries awarded are to be used for study undertaken in the Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter semesters following this deadline.